Saturday 21 May 2011

Insert Disc

                          Having recently burnt another several days away playing computer games, I decided it was time to expand my free time towards something more constructive. I'm an avid writer and the fear of missing usually throws me into action. Articles are written, published and begin to relax. However, when given time to myself and with no routine or pressing engagement, I mess around. I walk in circles, I lose my focus and I game. If it hadn't had been for writing, I'd be drowning  under a pile of cartridges and controllers; my vision twisted from hours of pixellated bliss.

                  This isn't something to be ashamed of  but it's time to get real. I'll have turned 23 by Wednesday and a demon's telling me that if I don't do something about my default obsession with home consoles, my only personal development would be my high scores.

              In an effort to combat this, Time To Groan was created. I haven't made any decisions about what to write about, or who to write for so this will mostly be made up of collected opinions, rants and streams of consciousness for the time being. I hope you'll take my hand as we try to find a voice in this Time to Groan.

No comments:

Post a Comment